Independent study in the state of California is defined as non-classroom based instruction. Non-classroom based instruction includes, but is not limited to, independent study, home study, work study, and distance and computer-based education.
We the undersigned pledge to the following in the operation and management of our charter schools offering independent study:
1) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united behind the elements of integrity, trust, quality, and value in the operation of our schools. We know that offering personalized learning options meets the student where they are, aligns with what they individually need, while creating an academic program that is relevant, rigorous, and aligned to 21st Century learning.
2) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united in managing schools that are fiscally responsible in the use of public tax dollars in our care. We value the use of independent auditors that reviews our financial and operational activities annually and showcase reports that are exception-‐free. This speaks to the commitment that we hold on financial accountability and operational integrity.
3) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united in our efforts to operate schools that model strong integrity, value and utilize solid business practices, and abide by all rules and regulations placed upon us by school districts, regional Offices of Education, and the California Department of Education.
4) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united believing that the actions of a few rogue charter school operators do not reflect, align, or mirror anything about our programs. Having individuals or the media drawing comparisons speaks to either the fact that they don’t know what we do or they are acting on rumor and innuendo in these conversations.
5) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united in stating clearly that we are here for one purpose: educating students. Our resource centers, school sites, and classrooms are solely for the purpose of academic programming for the benefit of students in our care. Our commitment to students does not center on money, influence, or politics.
6) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united in offering high quality programs that exist to offer innovative and tested methods of instruction and self-‐paced learning. We have proof by our results that we are helping students to think, communicate, and achieve.
7) As operators of high quality public charter schools offering independent study, we stand united in following the state law in the operation of resources centers and school sites.
The undersigned represent schools and organizations serving students in San Diego, Imperial, Orange, and Riverside Counties. Our programs, events, and activities align with personalized and adaptive learning elements to meet students where they are educationally to promote and achieve their academic success.
Our commitment to excellence is unwavering and our focus on students is what motivates us to create, manage, and grow public charter schools within the space of independent study.
The Classical Academies K-12
Julian Charter School K-12
Element Education K-12
River Springs Charter Schools K-12
Pacific View Charter K-12
Bayshore Prep K-12
Diego Valley Charter School 9-12
CORE @ The Camptonville AcademyK-12
Da Vinci Schools K-12
Academy of Arts and Sciences K-12
The Learning Choice Academy K-‐12
Collectively we serve 20,831 students and 12,413 families in 35 counties.